CSA stands for “community supported agriculture” and it generally involves buying a share (paying the farmer a set amount of money) early in the spring so that the farmer then has the capital to buy seeds, equipment, etc. for the upcoming growing season. In return, the CSA member is given a portion of the harvest that season. This committed group of shareholders provides the stability to the farmer to know that there will be a market for the goods that are grown.
As a CSA member, you will be able to browse the inventory on our website, select the items you desire and build a custom box or bag of produce. Your items will be available for pick up at our farm stand or also available for delivery on select days. What we are trying to do is blend the best of both worlds, for both the farmer and the member .
At Clean Green Growers, our mission is to help improve our customers lives by providing food through organic, regenerative and healthy growing practices. On our farm we will only use inputs approved for organic use. We believe that quality food is important for everyone and should be affordable and convenient. Creating a farm that is regenerative and convenient is our top priority in building for the future.
Our vision will be to provide high quality produce to families. We will offer and share our in depth guidance on growing methods and practices through videos.
WHAT MAKES OUR CSA DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Our goal is to give our CSA members all of the benefits of a traditional CSA and none of the drawbacks. The following is what makes us distinctive over a traditional CSA:
- You decide what dollar amount you would like to invest anywhere from the $250 minimum on up. By signing up early you will be offered additional credit for each dollar invested.
- Your CSA membership is and account with a balance. You can use this balance anywhere we sell our vegetables, herbs and microgreens. We will keep you up to date with your balance monthly or by request.
- Products would include all of our vegetables, herbs and microgreens
- If you do not spend all of your invested money during the season, we would carry that balance forward into the next year for you.
- If during the season (April-Oct) you spend all of your balance, you may put in additional money but without the 25%, 10% or 5% bonus.
- We plan on having an extended growing season in both spring and fall. We plan to be open from late April/early May to the beginning of November.
- We would like to encourage interested people to volunteer with us at the farm doing things like transplanting, harvesting, weeding, etc. Please let us know if that’s something you would enjoy doing. If you would be interested in doing a work share (working at the farm in lieu of paying for a share) we could work out farm stand credit for time spent if that suits you.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Sign up on our website here Click Here
- Send your check made payable to Clean Green Growers to:
Clean Green Growers
PO BOX 315
Chalfont, PA 18914
- If sending a check, please be sure to include your cell number and email address so that we can contact you if the need ever arises.
Thank you very much for your support in helping us plant our roots and grow great vegetables for you!
- Dylan Ihnat and Jeff Franklin