Job Position: Assistant Farm Manager
Clean Green Growers is a 1 acre hand scale, no till, intensive market farm located in Sellersville, PA. We grow fruits, vegetables, and microgreens. Our products are offered through our farm store, Free-Choice CSA program, online store and farmers markets.
On our farm, we want to learn and create a regenerative, organic principled farm. Our goal is to provide convenient, sustainable and nutrient dense produce delivered from our farm to your door. We profoundly believe that what we put in our body matters! It starts with food and the soil it's grown in.
- Full time position available
- This position is for April 1 - October 31
- Workload is incredibly diverse and varies according to the week and season.
- General labor associated with organic vegetable farming and supporting CCG’s mission.
- Development and learning opportunities in market gardening via online workshops and hands-on experience.
- Ability and desire to work hard in both an independent and diverse team setting.
- Ability to lead and delegate a small team. Communication and leadership skills.
- Assist in development Standard Operating Processes and task management.
- Planting – Greenhouse work, watering, direct seeding, transplanting, bed preparation.
- Growing – Weeding and cultivation, trellising, pest and disease management, mulching and irrigating. Opportunity to learn 2-wheel tractor operation.
- Harvesting – Carrying out the harvest schedule, selecting and harvesting high quality produce.
- Processing – Assisting with the washing, bunching, and packing of produce.
- Report to and follow the directions of a farm Supervisor.
- Ability to set up and break down farmers market displays; and assist customers.
- Ability to work 50 hour work weeks for full time, early mornings are required; weekends are required during the market season (June to October).
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Be on time and ready to work in all weather.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Willingness and desire to work until the job is done, working overtime if necessary throughout the peak of the season.
- Desire to learn about organic vegetable farming, CSAs, greenhouse transplant and vegetable production, farm equipment.
- Prior farm experience is a plus.
- $15-20 per hour, based on experience
- Organic vegetables for you to eat
- Development and learning opportunities
- End of season bonus based on performance
Clean Green Growers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.